What is sciatic pain?
- If the sciatic nerve is irritated, we are talking about a so-called „ischialgia“.
- The pain spreads in the area of the hips, buttocks and the thighs.
- Sciatic pain is described as stabbing, burning or cutting. The affected area is pressure- sensitive.
- A person, suffering from sciatic pain, adopts a relieving posture (bending the leg while standing, with the upper body tilt).
Causes for ischialgia?
- Wear and tear
- Herniated vertebral disc
- Stenosis in the vertebral canal
Help with sciatic pain
- Anodyne drugs, e.g. Diclofenac
- Raising of lower extremities
- Relaxation exercises, later connected with soft movements
- Cold applications